InCites is built on a single dataset source from the Web of Science Core Collection, aggregated and optimized in the InCites Dataset.
Integration across the Research Analytics platform means the indicators from Essential Science IndicatorsSM, Journal Citation Reports® and Institution Profiles come together in one dataset.
Institutional Registry address unification system supplies organization data to InCites improving accuracy and ease of use.
Current InCites Dataset
- Web of Science™ Core Collection content indexed through the week of April 30, 2022
- The organizations unification and association updates over the last month were added to the InCites dataset. You can download the full list of organizations.
Includes Essential Science Indicators (ESI) 1st bi-monthly data for 2022, and Journal Citation Reports (JCR) 2020 data released in June 2021.
InCites is a window into Web of Science Core Collection data. We update data in InCites monthly to include Web of Science Core Collection data extracted at the end of the previous month. The following schedule provides an overview of the upcoming InCites data releases through December 2022.
Release date and time is in the USA EST time zone.
|Month||Web of Science data cutoff date*||InCites data Release Date**|
|December||Tuesday, November 30, 2021||Friday, December 17, 2021|
|January||Friday, December 31, 2021||Friday, January 28, 2022|
|February||Monday, January 31, 2022||Friday, March 4, 2022|
|March||Monday, March 12, 2022||Friday, April 1, 2022|
|April||Thursday, March 31, 2022||Friday, April 29, 2022|
|May||Saturday, April 30, 2022||Friday, May 27, 2022|
|June||Tuesday, May 31, 2022||Friday, June 24, 2022|
|July||Thursday, June 30, 2022||Friday, July 29, 2022|
|August||Sunday, July 31, 2022||Friday, August 26, 2022|
|September||Wednesday, August 31, 2022||Friday, September 30, 2022|
|October||Friday, September 30, 2022||Friday, October 28, 2022|
|November||Monday, October 31, 2022||Friday, November 25, 2022|
|December||Wednesday, November 30, 2022||Friday, December 16, 2022|
* This is the cutoff date established for the Web of Science data to be available in InCites the following month.
** Although we will adhere to these release dates throughout the year, we do reserve the right to change them due to unforeseen issues.
Note: this section will be deprecated in 2022
|Global Region||# Orgs Added|
By Country / Region
|Country / Region||# Orgs Added|
Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED)
Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)
Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI)
Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science (CPCI-S)
Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH)
Book Citation Index– Science (BKCI-S)
Book Citation Index– Social Sciences & Humanities (BKCI-SSH)
|Source and Citing Years (publication date)||1980 - Present|
|Time Period||1YR, Cumulative|
- Researchers - authors on a Web of Science document in the InCites dataset
- Organizations - organizations resolved to a research address in a Web of Science Document in the InCites dataset
- Locations - countries / regions resolved to the research address in the Web of Science document in the InCites dataset
- Research Areas - journal-based research categorization schemas
- Publication Sources - titles from all source editions in the InCites dataset
- Funding Agencies - unified funding agencies from the Web of Science document in the InCites dataset
- Australia FOR Level 1
- Australia FOR Level 2
- China SCADC Subject Categories
- Institutional Profiles
- KAKEN - L2 (Bunya2 -H20) (10)
- KAKEN - L3 (Bunya3 -H20) (66)
- UK RAE (2008)
- UK REF (2014)
- Web of Science
- Citation Topics
Institutional Profiles provide quantitative data for a large number of performance indicators, including:
- number of staff and students
- teaching and research reputation
- productivity, as measured by publications
- impact, as measured by citations
Data for Institutional Profiles come from three primary sources: institutional data collection, reputation surveys and bibliographic analysis. You can also review a list of participating institutions.
Country/region aggregations are now available as Regions in the InCites Explorer. Download the list of countries and regions, and their associated regions.