Registration and Sign-in
To access InCites, you must register an email address to create an account or sign in using a single sign-on (SSO) solution like Shibboleth. If you’re not sure, visit the InCites website or watch the tutorial.
You can register an account using the Register link on the sign-in screen. If your institution uses Shibboleth, which is integrated with InCites, you will see an option to select your institution under Institutional (Shibboleth) Sign In.
Registration and sign-in are required to use InCites Benchmarking & Analytics, even with an IP or Shibboleth access subscription. Registering allows you to take full advantage of the personalized features of InCites such as sharing reports and managing your dashboard. However, you’re not required to register and sign in to access Journal Citation Reports or Essential Science Indicators with an IP or institution SSO subscription, but doing so gives you the option to create and manage saved reports.
You can use your InCites sign-in credentials for related products like Web of Science to sign into InCites, as long as you have a valid InCites subscription.
Register as a New User
If you're not a Web of Science user or if you prefer to use separate credentials to sign into InCites, you must register as a new user.
- Click Sign In at the top of any page and then Register.
- Complete the registration form and click Submit Registration to complete your registration.
When you sign in as a registered user you can:
- Create and save custom reports
- Manage your Dashboard. (Benchmarking & Analytics only)
- Share reports or your Dashboard with others (Benchmarking & Analytics only)
- Set up and manage folders to store your work
Registration entitles you to roaming access so you can sign into InCites from a computer whose IP address is outside your institution's range of IP addresses. To set up roaming access:
- You must register as a new user from a computer whose IP address belongs to your institution's range of IP addresses.
- Use the following URL to access InCites from the remote computer: incites.clarivate.com
- Sign in using the credentials you supplied when you registered as a new user.
If you’re already registered for related products (Web of Science, ResearcherID or EndNote) your username and password is the same for all these products. Sign-in credentials are shared among our products, and to ensure a more seamless experience, we recommend not creating a new username and password for each product. You must do the initial registration and personalization of your account on your institution's network.